Tuesday Classes at Wilkins (4 classes/month)
- 7:00 Beginner -- In the beginner course, students will build a solid foundation in Argentine tango. We will focus on essential elements of connection to your partner known as dance frame, the famous tango walk, and begin to understand the rich music used for tango. You will begin to build a dance vocabulary of steps that will bloom and grow as you continue dancing.
- 8:00 Intermediate -- At the intermediate level we will continue to work on the intricacies of the tango embrace, fine tune walks, expand your dance vocabulary, and deepen your musicality. At this level you will start to explore what tango is to you, and we will guide you as you begin to find your individual style.
We teach Argentine tango as a social dance. Initially you will learn to dance in a close embrace, like they do in Buenos Aires. For leaders the focus is on clear communication. For followers the focus is on specific following skills so that you don't have to memorize figures. More importantly, you will learn the techniques that make any figure comfortable to lead, and easy to follow.
- Both singles and couples are welcome.
- There is an 4-participant minimum for the classes.
- We start a new session every month throughout the year.
- You can drop in to any class, but you get the most value by attending the full session (4 weeks in sequence).
- Partner rotation during class is encouraged (but not required) because it significantly enhances learning for both leaders & followers.